The spirit of Western since 1942. The longest-standing social club at Western is looking for new members to continue the legacy this year. First and foremost, The Purple Spur Society provides a community for all members with the goal of enhancing their university experience in a meaningful way. We use our vast outreach and strength in numbers to make significant contributions to hand-picked charities every year, raising $10,000 for True North Aid last year alone. This year, we have chosen to support Urban Haven Project, a local London charity that aims to support those most in need in our community. You can read more about them in our brochure, or on their website at https://urbanhavenproject.org/.
As a Spur member, you receive a free t-shirt and a small sticker to attach to your student card, ID, or phone case that gives you the following:
- 10% off food at Toboggan Brewing Company, Joe Kool’s, and Fellini’s from Sunday-Thursday
- 15% off at Campus Hi-Fi Monday-Friday
- 15% off all food items at Winks Eatery
- 10% off at Dos Tacos
- Free combo upgrade at Burger Burger
- Free drink & dip at King Richie’s
- Perks with Ceeps, Lost Love, and Delilah’s coming soon!
- Two-for-one tickets to all Spur events (usually $5.00 per ticket)
We also have a special deal for anyone who signs up during Club’s week:
- 25% off coupon for Filthy Rebena Vintage clothing store valid during Club’s week only (September 27th to October 2nd)
We plan and execute various social events throughout the year where our members can meet new friends, forget about the stresses of school, and all the while contribute to an important cause. These events include:
- Welcome Back Western Event at Ceeps
- Bowling night at Palasad
- Halloween bar event
- “Stache Bash” semi-formal at the end of November celebrating our fundraising efforts for the Movember Foundation (moustaches encouraged)
- “Western Goes Western” country-themed bar event
– Fashion Show Launch Party
- Spur Fashion Show
**All proceeds we collect from membership fees and event ticketing (after expenses) are donated to Urban Haven Project.
The largest event of the year is our annual Spur Fashion Show in March. We have a dedicated Fashion Show Executive team that works through the whole year on bringing this event to life in the most exciting way. If you are interested in fashion, dancing, photography, videography, or event planning please reach out to us and see how you can help! We’d love to have you on our team.